Saturday, 7 January 2012

The Hunger Games- Book one finished. Warning: Contains Spoilers

In addition to my previous blog, I thought I'd like to let everyone that I have finished The Hunger Games! The read has been an emotional rollercoaster and just pure addiction; I've been able to relate to nearly every single character in this book and that is quite a rarity.
For example: Katsniss Everdeen, 'the girl on fire' who volunteers herself as tribute in order to protect her little sister from the horrific dangers of playing in the annual games. She's a tough girl to crack into who doesn't allow herself to get her hopes up in case of the event of being hurt or let down. And is always on target with everything. I can relate to her the most.
And Peeta Mellark, the boy in love from District 12. He reminded me very much of my own partner a lot because of his character. The details in his personality are literally a reflection of my boyfirend.
This just made the book so hard to put down, with their 'love story' on show to a million viewers being constantly judged about whether they're in love or not. Peeta isn't afraid of showing his emotions and has a sense of light and humour no matter what.
But, the fact that they might had to kill one another at then end completely gripped me as Katsniss is faced with showing her true emotions about Peeta when it comes to this deeply emotional scene.

I really can't wait to see if the film portrays the book as well as I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment