Friday, 30 December 2011

The Hunger Games: From Boook to Screen.



"The Hunger Games" originally written as an adventurerous science fiction novel is soon to be
a major motion picture shown across the globe. Suzanne Collins' book is by far the best I have read in this genre category and agree completely with the Twilight Saga writer: Stephanie Meyers, that 'The Hunger Games' are an obsessive compulsive read and is just a completely amazing story.

But, in my own words I can definaetly say that this story is by far one of my favourites now. Along with Maria V. Snyders 'magician or hero from the slums' stories, it is quite a similar narrative which I am highly fond of; a troubled but selfless youth who by no option or decision of their own has to overcome countless challenging acts. And in the end shows just how powerfull and meaningfull they really are.
'The Hunger Games' has a similar narrative, only there is no magic. Only a world set in the future, where hovercrafts fly and your home is a struggling poverty filled district. And where 'the odds may ever be in your favour' as it could be YOU who is picked at random to play a deadly game; when winning will make you famous and losing means certain death...


Now, many books over the years have been turned into screenplays and been created into Motion Pictures. But, will the Director do Suzanne Collins justice?
As over the years, I have ssen many books portrayed into films. Although, they only seem to just a typical reflection of the stories narrative.
Peter Jackson did The Lord of the Rings and that turned out fine. Several directors even attempted to do the Harry Potter Chronicles. And even though dear Johanna Kathrine Rowling smiles along in her interviews saying that her stories have been portrayed with justice, is she really happy? Or has her Cash trigger happy Botox just taken over a bit too far? (No ofefnce JK! I'm just making apoint here)

So, will this be the same fate for our new beloved writer Suzanne? I hope not.

As a result of this, I am going to see the film for myself. With my book in hand and a notepad and pen at the ready; I'm going to be as cryptic as possible. And just wait and see if the filmn really is just as good as the book itself.

Check it out on IMDB and see it with your own eyes: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392170/

No comments:

Post a Comment